MASH Social Worker
£36,378 to £43,605 (SW Level 3)
Social Worker Children’s Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub
Are you a committed and experienced social worker who is passionate about children and young people? If so, Enfield Council is the place for you. We are always seeking build on our good social worker practice to achieve an outstanding service for our children and young people to keep them safe and help them achieve positive outcomes.
We are seeking to recruit a qualified Social Worker to undertake quality enquiries, develop clear and focused safety plans, ensure the right decisions are made for children in a timely manner.
As a qualified and professionally registered Social Worker with Social Work England, you will have knowledge of current legislation, have demonstrated your experience and abilities in respect of working in partnership with children, young people, families, and partner agencies. You will have over 2 years’ experience of working with vulnerable children and their families, preferably in a statutory setting, and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form, as well as the ability to work individually and as part of a team. Your drive, enthusiasm and high aspirations will contribute to our journey to deliver exceptional outcomes for the children and young people of Enfield.
In order to attract high calibre candidates to fulfil our ambitions, we are offering competitive packages, excellent training and development opportunities, and to be part of a highly committed workforce, partners and colleagues striving to deliver even better outcomes for children and young people in the borough and to be the best they can be.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An immediate £7000 golden hello when you join
- 1 month paid sabbatical for Children’s Social Workers
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing at 23:59 on Wednesday 28th September 2022
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Rebecca Spyrou on 0208 132 0008 or email@example.com
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Michelle Ferdinand, MASH Service Manager on 0208 132 1513 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.