Hartford Primary School have a vacancy for a hardworking and professional individual to join our Midday Assistant team. This is a permanent role working 5 days a week, term time.
Applicants will be expected to uphold high standards of care and support for all children, and be able to work effectively within a team. They will have a professional regard for the ethos, policies and practices in which they work at all times, following our school rules, code of conduct and core values.
Appointment will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check (DBS)
Successful applicants will perform a variety of roles including:
- Ensuring the safety and welfare of all children, in all relevant areas, at all times, during the lunchtime period.
- Setting up the school dinner hall for lunchtime, including moving and setting up furniture
- Monitoring and supporting children in the dinner hall to ensure an orderly and efficient dinner service. Respect and good behaviour of the children is essential.
- Clearing up the dinner hall after lunchtime, including cleaning the floor and surfaces
- Helping maintain a safe and fun environment in the dinner hall.
- Helping maintain a safe and fun environment during outside lunchtime play
- Supervise outside play and wet break where relevant.
Other daily duties which will be discussed at the time of appointment.
Midday shift runs between from 11.45am to 1.30pm and we are looking for applicants who can work 5 days a week through term time only. 8.75 hours a week.
Staff may be expected to attend midday meetings which are held 6 times a year. They may sometimes be asked to come in early/stay late for special occasions.
Applications can be made online
Closing date for application is midnight on Thursday 6th October at middat.
Interviews will take place on the morning of Wednesday 12th October 2022.
We are looking for the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.