Shape your future career with Reading Borough Council. Professionally speaking, we have great training and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and your career. You can also look forward to an open plan, modern working environment, as well as an ambitious team of colleagues who work together to make a positive difference for our clients and communities. Personally too, you’ll find a great future in Reading. Here’s the smart living choice that combines many of the benefits of the big city experience with an outstanding quality of life.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity and inclusion is the key to our success. Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
About the role
The Reactive Repairs Team is looking for Gas Fitter/Plumbers, to work as part of a busy team in delivering a full gas and plumbing repairs service alongside our 100% compliant gas servicing program to our housing stock, with an aspiration to deliver upper quartile performance.
You’ll be part of a team that relies on each individual to play their part to the best of their ability. As well as the colleagues that you work closely with every day, you’ll also be part of Team Reading, playing your personal part in making Reading a successful and vibrant place. Our vision is to ensure that Reading realises its potential as a great place to live, work and play, and that everyone shares the benefits of this success. Our values and behaviours guide how we will achieve this:
Work Together as one team - work collaboratively, with each other and with our partners, and demonstrate the Team Reading values in everything we do
Drive Efficiency - show initiative, be adaptable to change and put forward ideas to help improve delivery and efficiency. Take responsibility for our own learning and development and for reaching our potential
Be Ambitious - be demanding of our own performance – striving to be even better – and be prepared to engage with and challenge leaders in a constructive and positive way
Make a Difference to Reading - maintain the highest levels of customer service and be flexible and willing to provide the services needed at the time they are needed
This is an exceptional opportunity; as such we are looking for people with:
- Trade qualification in Gas and Plumbing is required.
- Excellent communication skills in sometimes difficult circumstances, both face-to-face and over the phone, with both customers and colleagues. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service and expect you to do the same.
- Remain focused in delivering a high quality service (measured through a range of KPIS).
- You will have strong diagnostic skills and an ability to complete repairs on the first visit using a full van stock, managed through a pda.
- We manage the service using IT systems and handheld technology in the field so experience and knowledge of working with similar systems will be beneficial in this role.
- Social housing experience would be advantageous as would further electrical or multi trade experience and qualifications.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For further information, please contact Darren Lye on 01189 373095
Closing date: 25th September 2022
Interview date: TBC
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.