Sandiway Primary School have vacancies for Midday Assistants to join our dedicated team of lunchtime staff. This will be a permanent part-time position to start as soon as possible. The number of hours to be agreed with the successful candidates. Each lunchtime shift is for one hour at lunchtime during term time.
This post would suit a person interested in working with children to ensure the enjoyment and safety of pupils over the lunchtime period. You need to be someone who likes being with children, is happy being outside on brisk wintry days and hot sunny days and would encourage children to eat their lunch. In addition, the children would like you to be helpful, understanding, patient, caring and fun!
The main duties of the role on offer will include:
- Ensuring the safety of pupils during the lunchtime period
- Encouraging children to eat their meals and instilling good table manners
- Arrange age-appropriate activities for pupils during inclement weather
- Implementing the school behaviour policy and referring serious issues to the Midday Supervisor where applicable
- Referring to first aiders, any children who are ill or injured to ensure they receive appropriate medical attention
Sandiway Primary School places the highest priority on Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidates will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks and enhanced DBS check.