The Governors of Carlton Hill Primary School are looking to appoint two Individual Needs Assistant to support with Education Health & Care Plans, working on a 1:1 basis or in small groups (in our Year 1 Class).
Paid weeks per year: 47.15 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.45am - 3.15pm
Fixed term: For this academic year 31st October 2022 - 31st August 2023 (Funded by High Needs Funding linked to EHCPs)
Start date: October 2022
Carlton Hill is a vibrant, inclusive and welcoming inner city primary school that celebrates its cultural diversity. We are a one form entry school with 215 pupils currently on roll.
About the role
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities in primary schools.
- Ideally, we are looking for someone with previous experience working in a school setting, in Early Years or Key Stage 1.
- An organised and flexible approach to working
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team supporting 1 or more pupils with high needs, which may include autism, speech & language delay and challenging behaviour
- Ability to build strong relationships with others
- Energy, enthusiasm, curiosity and a sense of humour
In return the successful candidate will receive:
- Experience of working in a diverse and stimulating school.
- Effective support with relevant training and professional development.
- A warm welcome to a professional, highly skilled and motivated staff team.
Carlton Hill Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 26th September
Interview date: Friday 30th September
How to apply: Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school office: Sussex Street, Brighton, BN2 9HS, firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 01273 604966
Visits to the school are encouraged. There are opportunities to do this at the following times:
Tues 13th Sept 3.30-4.30
Thursday 15th Sept 8.30-9.30
Weds 21st 8.45-9.45
Friday 23rd 3.30-4.30
Please contact the School Office to book for this.
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.