An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual to join our team as an Early Years SEN & Inclusion Officer.
The postholder will operate under the direction of the Early Years SEND Team Leader to support with identification and planning with regards young children with SEND.
The successful candidate will directly advise and provide specialist support to Early Years settings, families and professionals in the assessment, identification, and intervention of the needs of children with SEND across a range of settings within the local authority.
Working closely with the Early Years SEND Team Leader and the wider Early Years Team the successful candidate will:
- Support practitioners in Early Years settings to understand their roles and responsibilities in relation to children with SEND and that the principles of inclusion are embedded in working practice.
- Support settings to follow a graduated approach in the assessment, identification and intervention of young children’s needs.
- Ensure that young children’s needs are accurately identified in a timely manner and that evidenced-based interventions are put in place so that young children with SEND achieve positive outcomes.
- Ensure that resources to support young children with SEND are used efficiently and effectively.
- Work in partnership with parents and carers to empower and enable them to support their child’s development.
The postholder must have significant experience of working within Early Years settings and have in-depth knowledge and understanding of supporting children with SEND and their families.