Senior Housing Officer 35 hrs
About the role
We are looking for a Full time Senior Housing Officer (35 hrs) to be part of a team being responsible for providing a highly professional customer focused Housing management service to the Association`s residents in rented accommodation and for the first line management of a small team of reception staff.
The duties will include the tenancy management of a patch of properties including, tenancy sign ups, tenancy monitoring and reviews, taking appropriate action on breaches of tenancies, working in conjunction with the Income Recovery team to ensure appropriate action is taken to deal with arrears of rent and charges, allocating and letting properties, and ensuring that tenants are able to become involved in the management of their homes.
- To manage and motivate a team of Reception staff to provide high quality customer-oriented services
- To take appropriate action to deal with any breaches of tenancies and other contracts, representing Hightown in Court where necessary
- To provide knowledgeable advice and support to the Reception team and to ensure that their development needs are met to enable them to deliver an excellent service to tenants and applicants for housing
- To undertake personal development training as necessary, and keep abreast of current legislation, regulatory requirements and best practice and ensure that the Team`s policies and procedures reflect current requirements and best practice
Due to the nature of the role you must have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
We offer a range of benefits which include:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £35,052 pa for a 35hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Well-equipped on-site gym
Closing date: Tuesday 27th September 2022
Interview dates: Tuesday 4th October 2022
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.