Full time, part time and job share opportunities will be considered.
Would you like to join our newly created Policy, Performance, Insight, Risk and Improvement Team?
Are you ambitious and creative with the desire to improve wellbeing for communities by improving services?
If so, we would love to hear from you.
About the role
Our councils are highly ambitious and want to see significant improvement for the wellbeing of our residents and communities. The creation of the Policy, Performance, Insight, Risk and Improvement Team is central to driving our improvement journey.
A new Outcomes Framework provides the golden thread between our strategy and business planning arrangements. It links the Corporate Plan, the six strategic priorities, the service plans and personal plans. It drives our new performance management approach, embedding a more comprehensive culture of performance challenge and improvement aligned with finance and risk reporting.
In this pivotal role, you will:
- Work across services, using design tools and techniques to make a difference to service performance, working with the Continuous Improvement Lead.
- Actively encourage services to engage users in the discovery, design and test phases of business improvement.
- Work with services and customers to identify current performance, resolve issues in services using insight from data analysis and ensure that benefits and service improvements are identified.
- Support services to implement changes that have been identified by helping them to develop business cases for delivery and ensure benefits are realised and tracked.
- You will be passionate about service improvement and will have a relevant degree or professional qualification and/or significant professional experience in business analysis/service redesign.
- You will demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively across services and be adept at using design thinking tools and processes to improve services from a customer perspective.
- With experience of facilitating and supporting business change, you will influence services to improve as well as being equipped to develop and deliver programme and project plans.
Working together across our councils and with our partners in the public, private and voluntary sectors, we provide excellent services to our 190,000 residents across Babergh and Mid Suffolk.
We are proud of the role we play in creating the environment, economy, and communities for our districts. We believe that the heart of Suffolk is an incredibly special place to live and work. With picturesque market towns, 60 conservation areas and with two Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) within our districts, it is little wonder that we are consistently within the top 50 places to live in the UK.
The Benefits of working with us:
- Great opportunities for learning and development.
- Suffolk Coaching and Mentoring Partnership
- Generous leave entitlement (equivalent to 25 days a year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays).
- Competitive Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Wellbeing Support Program
- Employee Assist Program
- Health Care Options.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for further information:
Our ways of working:
We are committed to working in a more hybrid way, with a mix of office, home, and remote-based working (business needs permitting). This has worked well for us and is something we will be continuing with.
We are committed to supporting equality and diversity, Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils provide opportunity and ambition for all, supporting and enabling our people to deliver the best possible service for our residents.
To find out more:
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Jane Kennedy, Corporate Manager, Policy, Performance, Insight, Risk and Improvement at: email@example.com
Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Council is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.