Here at Wirral we have huge ambitions for our organisation, partnerships and people, and we want you to play a part in this. We have big ambitions and exciting plans. We need exceptional, innovative leaders to play their part in leading the Council into the next phase of the Borough’s transformation.
As our Assistant Director for Asset Management, you will act as lead property and asset strategy advisor to the Council’s regeneration programme, designing and delivering property-based regeneration schemes which achieve the Council’s ambitions for sustainable, high-quality design.
You will be able to identify opportunities for innovative use of property and assets, playing a key role in place-shaping so that the Council can be an exemplar in creating physical environments which promote healthy and sustainable living.
The successful candidate will have experience of strategic leadership of an asset management service in an organisation of comparable scope and complexity, having previously led the design and delivery of large-scale property and asset-related schemes.
You will have compassion and energy to achieve everything we have promised to our residents and businesses and really #BeTheDifference in their lives. Needless to say, you will need to be an effective communicator able to work effectively with Members to inspire confidence and credibility.
You will be joining a talented and ambitious team of forward-thinking, values-based colleagues who are working together to deliver excellence and make a significant contribution to delivering the Wirral Plan.
To apply for this role please complete the online application process on the GatenbySanderson website including your CV and a personal statement outlining how you meet the role specification by midnight on Sunday 9 October 2022.
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org