Part time 25-30 hours per week – 52 Weeks Per Year
Working pattern to be agreed
Our friendly school is seeking an efficient and multi-skilled Premises Manager.
We are looking for someone with the ability to:
- To ensure that the buildings and school site are secure, particularly out of school hours and in the holidays, liaising with rapid response call-outs as required
- Manage the operation and development of the school site, including larger premises related projects and contracts, and management of the two-person site team.
- Lead on Health & Safety and reporting of any hazards, ensuring regulation compliance and taking remedial action where hazards are identified.
- Update and maintain premises related inspections, records and audits.
- Supervision and carrying out of repairs and maintenance to ensure that school grounds and premises are fit for purpose. Good DIY skills and physical fitness as some lifting is required as well as some working at heights.
- Mentoring site staff in their development.
- Problem solve, be solution focused and pro-active in approach
- Good verbal, written and IT skills.
We can provide you with a strong team of enthusiastic, dedicated colleagues who will support you to the fullest, and opportunities to grow professionally.
“There have been many changes at Whitley Park. Leaders make decisions that benefit pupils but are mindful of staff well-being too. As one member of staff said, ‘Our headteacher really looks after his staff.” (Ofsted, December 2021).
We also offer
- A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including Local Government Pension Scheme
- 24 days holiday plus public holidays (rising up to 32 days after 10 years of continuous service)
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged.
Applications can be downloaded from the School website - https://www.whitleyparkprimaryschool.co.uk, alternatively please email Allison Dench - School Business Manager at 0118 937 5566 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 25th September 2022
Interviews – Week commencing 26th September 2022
Start Date: asap
Applications will be considered on receipt
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The appointment will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check, appropriate references and health clearance.