Parkwood Primary are looking for a Fixed Term (until 31st August 2023) SEND Administrator to join our nurturing, supportive school community. The purpose of this post is for the SEND Administrator to work with the school SENDCO as part of a professional team in supporting excellent provision for pupils with SEND. The SEND Administrator will support the SENDCO in carrying out a wide range of operational tasks.
To provide and maintain comprehensive administrative support to the SEND processes and systems- updating data on the systems and taking responsibility for setting up meetings as needed. This will include the following key tasks
1.Closely monitor and update information on SIMS, Insight and CPOMs. Using the regularly reviewed SEN Registers to ensure that the information on these systems is up to date and accurate with new diagnoses, needs and SEN levels.
2.Under the direction of the SENDCO, collate and prepare information related to assessments and referrals to other agencies. Including: OT, School Nursing, Speech and Language and other such agencies.
- Update new information as received from the SENDCO to ensure that the Class Profile areas and the SEN information is correct.
- Review School Based Support Plans 3x yearly to update Provision Maps and provide an overview of the provision available and which students are accessing it.
- Update SIMS and Insight with intervention information.
- Keep other school-based systems for sharing information with staff up to date and accessible for all staff.
Annual Reviews (for students with EHCPs)
- Keep track of the dates for Annual Review meetings for all students with EHCPs.
- Set dates for annual review meetings, liaising with parents and LA representatives and other
professionals as required.
- Send out and collate feedback requests from teachers to inform the Annual Review meeting.
- Prepare the basic student information on the Annual Review form and share with SENDCO for them to update the detailed SEN information.
- Distribute annual review report papers to all parties following meeting.
- Ensure that the Annual Review documents are updated on Insight and shared with staff as appropriate.
Record of Outcome reviews (for students at SEN Support)
- Arrange appointments for School Based Support Plan meetings- invite parents and send confirmation of appointment times.
- Update the School Based Support Plan document and send out links to teachers requesting their feedback for the meetings.
- Send copies of the completed forms to parents and ensure that School Based Support Plan documents are updated on Insight and shared with staff.
Referrals to outside agencies
1.Collate and prepare paperwork as required by the SENDCO prior to submission to outside agencies.
2.Send out information to external agencies using encryption and/or other level of protection in line with the GDPR legislation.
3.Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies to support achievement and progress of the students.
Supporting SEN pupils
- Develop positive working relationships with SEN students understanding their needs.
Communication with parents/carers
- Contact and book appointments for review meetings with parents.
- Liaise with parents about information required for outside assessments.
- Signpost parents to where to get additional information as needed.
- Establish constructive relationships with parents/carers to support achievement and progress of the students.
General Office Duties
- Maintain SEN files (electronic and hard copy as needed).
- Liaise with the SENDCO regarding visiting professionals.
- Collate information on students as requested by the SENDCO.
- Prepare reports as needed.
- Good ICT skills.
- Ability to exchange information both verbally and in writing with staff and parents.
- Good working knowledge of relevant policies and good practice related to SEND.
Support for the school
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security, and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- To contribute to overall ethos, work, and mission statement of the school.
- Participate in the school’s appraisal process.
- A warm and welcoming manner.
- The ability to manage self & time well.
- A positive approach to self-improvement.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills – with absolute attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- Knowledge of working with SIMS, Insight and CPOMs.
- Working collaboratively as part of a team.
- Flexibility, initiative and the ability to maintain a positive approach whilst working under pressure.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Rigorous checks will be made of shortlisted candidates background credentials.
Please find the link to our safeguarding policy here: https://www.parkwoodprimary.org.uk/File_Manager_Uploads/31eeadde-c158-4830-9451-be0e98b21e13/Files/Kim's%20Folder/SAFEGUARDING%20POLICY%20&%20CHILD%20PROTECTION%20POLICY%20SEPTEMBER%202021.pdf
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed.