Qualification: Advanced Apprenticeship in Business Administration (Level 3)
Contract Length: 18 months
We have an exciting opportunity for you to train, earn and learn. Camden Council’s Corporate Strategy & Policy Design Team are offering an opportunity to a 16+ Camden resident, Camden care leaver or former Camden Secondary School student (who is eligible to work in the UK) to become a Team Operations Assistant Apprentice.
The Strategy & Design Team supports and works with the council and its residents so that it can make better decisions and deliver better services, learning as they go. They do this by bringing together different types of evidence, using methods, and exploring new ideas and ways of doing things. For more information on the kind of things the team do can be found here
Your role will be to provide support to the Strategy & Policy Design team in delivering key projects and team operations, by carrying out a diverse range of tasks necessary to plan, organise and deliver projects and administrative tasks, which will enable the completion of a Business Administrator apprenticeship.
The responsibilities of the postholder will change as they progress through their apprenticeship. Support the team with various aspects of project delivery, including project check-ins, knowledge and resources management and manage the team’s logistics.
General information about the role
- Provide project and operational support as directed by your line manager.
- Communicate with and develop relationships with external customers/stakeholders
- Lead a project to improve a process or implement operation change that contributes the the team operations.
- To work with the Management Team, Policy Designers, Service Designers and User Researchers providing support on project delivery, asset management, and scheduling activities.
- Draft briefs and presentations in relation to project governance (agendas, boards, management team meetings); proactively support/coach 2 or more colleagues to produce documents and learn a skill/task or process
- Contribute to reports, project plans and written presentations, which also includes liasing with relevant people to gather information and evidence
- Employing relevant project delivery principles, skills and tools to carry out a variety of daily and weekly tasks to assist in the planning and preparation of team activities.
- To provide an administrative function in organising ans chairing meetings, which will typically involve note taking and sharing, booking, and organising meetings
- To draft correspondence and respond to requests for information from internal and external partners
- Make improvements to project and team working practices, using your initiative and instinct to suggest potential solutions.
- Manages resources and takes responsibilities for team logistics (e.g. venue booking, diary management).
- To gain knowledge and understanding of Camden Council policies and procedures and the practical application of the Camden Ways of Working to best serve citizens and businesses
- To meet all learning commitments of the apprenticeship as directed by the line manager and the training provider. This could include presentations, gathering evidence for your portfolio, written assignments, and exams.
Team Operations Support specific duties
- Please refer to the outline of the apprentice course (link below) – the detail under knowledge skills and behaviours will form part of your duties and learning.
1. Be a Camden resident, former Camden secondary school student or Camden care leaver
2. Have the right to live and work in the UK
3. Have lived in the EU or UK for the last 3 years (except if you are an asylum seeker or refugee)
4. NOT already have an NVQ level 3 (or higher) in Business Administration or significant administrative work experience
Important note - role may close early if we get enough suitable applications, those interested in the role are encouraged to apply ASAP.
Camden care leavers and people with learning difficulties or disabilities will be prioritised for final interviews provided they meet the minimum requirements of the role.
Camden is committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and as inclusive as possible for everyone. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition and finding out if part time work options are available. If this affects you, please contact us to discuss at firstname.lastname@example.org