Federation Business Manager
Band PO3: Scale 29 to 32 36 hours per week – 41 weeks per year
Do you have the drive, passion and commitment to deliver outstanding support to help children thrive? Somerville Federation is at an exciting time of transition and the Governors are seeking to appoint a Business Manager to join our extremely friendly, dedicated and hardworking office team. The successful candidate will provide Business Management and Administrative support to the Executive Headteacher, Exec team and Governors to ensure:
• best value for all purchases,
• successful and effective financial operation of Somerville Nursery School and Somerville Primary School.
• excellent management of our busy Primary School office.
• oversight of building projects and ongoing refurbishment plans
• application for grants to provide additional external funding
• effective reporting to the Executive Headteacher,
The hours of work will be 36 hours per week, 41 weeks per year (inclusive of INSET days and some working days will be expected during holiday periods). The Governors of Somerville Federation are willing to discuss modification
to the working hours with applicants.
This post is due to commence during October 2022.
Our new Business Manager must be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent organisation and communications skills.
• High standards and expectations of office staff.
• Experience and skills in financial management, including budgetary planning, control and auditing.
• A high level of IT literacy (a working knowledge of LA systems and Scholarpack (or SIMS) would be an advantage).
• Experience of HR and Facilities management (including responsibility for Health and Safety).
• An ability to work across the whole Federation community and support the inclusive ethos of both schools.
• Enthusiasm for being involved in all aspects of the life of both of our schools.
• A commitment to further professional development.
Good interpersonal skills both face to face and on the telephone are required. An ability to maintain the security and confidentiality of both school offices and information from the Exec team is an essential feature of this post, together with a good sense of humour.
Please return your completed application form directly to the school addressed to the Executive PA; Mrs Marianna Zazzi by Friday 30th September 2022 at 12 noon or email to email@example.com .
Interviews will take place as soon as possible after the closing date with the intention of the successful candidate commencing work at the school from October 2022.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The Federation is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or
belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
The successful applicant will be subject to rigorous preemployment recruitment checks, references and a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Somerville Primary School (Somerville Federation)
Tel: 0151 638 5074