Full time - 40 hours per week
At Hightown, we`re a charitable housing association that builds homes and supports people. We provide affordable homes and a wide range of care and supported housing services across Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. Our aim is to deliver demonstrable social value and impact in all of our activities.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join a new in-house Clean and Clear team providing professional cleaning services and minor repair works across Hightowns growing number of properties.
The key function of the role will be:
- To work alongside multi-trade operatives to ensure that all our homes are cleared of items and cleaned to a lettable standard as quickly as possible.
- Responsible for carrying out minor works in empty properties and caretaking across Hightowns estates as required.
- Upkeep of van stock and storage, ensuring purchases are recorded regularly and reviewed appropriately.
- Cleaning empty properties
- Removal of waste, detritus and hazardous material which includes toilets and bodily fluids
To apply for this role you will need to have the following:
- Knowledge or qualifications in a relevant sector, for example in building construction or experience of working within public sector housing is advantageous but not essential
- Ability to lift heavy objects and cope with the demands of a physically demanding role
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders and scaffolding
- A good general knowledge of IT, particularly Microsoft office packages
- Excellent communication and customer care skills
Youwill also require a full UK driver`s license and access to your own transport for this role.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £22,338pa for a 40 hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Well-equipped on-site gym
How to apply
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please download the job description and click apply below.
Closing Date: Sunday 25th September 2022
Interview Date: Monday 3rd October 2022
Appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory right to work, enhanced DBS, references and medical checks.
Unfortunately at this time Hightown Housing Association cannot offer visa sponsorship and all applicants will need to demonstrate the right to work in the UK.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.