The Lime Trust is looking for a Breakfast Club Assistant to join one of their primary schools - Lime Academy Larkswood. The Trust consists of 8 schools, 4 special and 4 primary, in Cambridgeshire and North and East London.
Lime Academy Larkswood is a lively and diverse three-form entry primary school with nursery located in the London Borough of Waltham Forest, a thriving, vibrant community on the Epping Forest borders. The school offers excellent facilities and a team of innovative, experienced and dedicated staff.
Vision and values
The Trust’s vision is to provide high quality education for pupils through school-to-school collaboration and Trust direction, high challenge and high support. All schools in the Trust strive to improve life chances for all and be respected in their local communities.
The Lime Way:
- Always working to be brilliant
- Putting learners first
- Setting the standard
- Building capacity-rich schools
The Values we embed in our schools are:
- Communication (a voice for all)
The successful candidate
The ideal candidate will be caring, responsible and able to work as part of a team. In this role, you will assist in supervising children attending Breakfast Club, providing appropriate activities, encouraging cooperation, securing their safety, monitoring well-being and ensuring good behaviour.
We are looking for an individual who has:
- Experience of working with children
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Experience to encourage and lead positive and active play experiences and opportunities
- Experience of supporting and fostering positive relationships between children as they play together
- Previous experience of working as a breakfast club assistant within a primary school would be an advantage
The Trust provides a strong culture of collaboration, support and development, together with high expectations for staff and pupils alike. Benefits include:
- IT equipment (relevant to the post)
- Well-being support including online resources/app/initiatives
- Extensive CPD opportunities, including support with external courses for further career development
- Enhanced maternity leave benefits
- Membership of a generous pension scheme (LGPS or TPS)
- National pay rates
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working opportunities
- Job-sharing/Part-time working
- Term-time working
- Career break
- Supportive Special Leave requests
- Subsidised school meals
- Subsidised childcare (offered on some sites)
Closing date: Tuesday 11th October 2022 at 12pm
Shortlisting: W/C 17th October 2022
Interviews: To be confirmed
Visits to our schools are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to arrange a visit on 0208 529 4979.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS check). References will be taken up before appointment.