This is a great opportunity for the right candidates to join the Construction, Maintenance and Facilities Management (CMFM) department within the Place Department of Enfield Council; a department with wide ranging responsibilities for managing a diverse £1bn+ property portfolio, including, offices, commercial, industrial, retail, cultural and leisure.
The posts of “Electrical engineer” will provide a maintenance duty for the commercial building plant at the Enfield civic centre. Maintaining the mechanical plant while delivering reactive breakdown works where required to help support the buildings functionality and providing the best possible comfort and experience in the building. To proactively deliver maintenance to planed schedules to prevent plant breakdowns. The candidate must also hold good record keeping on maintenance documentation for when jobs are completed and have good time management to prioritise works correctly.
To succeed in this role, you will have excellent knowledge on commercial Electrical plant such as Motors, switch panels, power distribution units/boards, emergency lighting.
If this opportunity excites you, we are very keen to hear from you.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing 23.59 on Tuesday, 27th September 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Debola Olufon on 0208 132 0619 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact James Hinsley on 020 8132 0179 for an informal discussion.