Jigsaw Primary Pupil Referral Unit, Stannyfield Drive, Thornton, L23 1TY
Teacher, Full Time: Permanent / MPS3 to UPR3 + SEN1 Commencing 1st January 2023
Jigsaw PRU caters for pupils between 5 and 11 who are at risk of exclusion or have been excluded from school. Class sizes are small, with a high adult pupil ration. The team are dedicated to helping pupils thrive and supporting their educational journey. We are a close team, who support each other in giving our pupils what they need. We adapt the curriculum to meet the needs of our pupils.
Jigsaw is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
In addition to the candidate’s ability to perform the duties of the post, the interview will also explore issues relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
The Management Committee of Jigsaw are seeking to appoint an excellent and enthusiastic class teacher to join our team who:
- Is passionate about teaching and learning in the SEN sector
- Has a desire to make a difference for pupils experiencing challenge
- Is committed to developing the whole child
- Understands the issues surrounding pupils at a referral unit including planning for reintegration
- Is able to motivate and inspire pupils
- Has experience of working within the primary phase
- Has high expectations of pupils achievement and behaviour
- Works well as part of a team
We can offer:
- A committed and caring team
- An opportunity to teach in an exciting alternative setting
- Support in developing skills in SEN
- Excellent support and guidance
- An appropriate programme of CPD
Experience of supporting pupils with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties is essential but may not necessarily come from teaching in the specialist sector.
Candidates should state curriculum strengths and the training/ experience they have received. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to curriculum development and leadership. The ability to lead a core area would be an advantage.
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Criminal Records Bureau.
NB As in most schools, visits before interview are encouraged. If you are unsure of what a PRU might look like – please feel free to book a visit and have a chat. Please call Mrs Woods on 0151 934 3112 to arrange an appointment.
Interviews will be held week commencing 10 October 2022 and the Headteacher would like to come and observe potential candidates week commencing 3 October 2022. For interviewees who do not currently have a class to teach, an opportunity can be created at Jigsaw.