Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 8,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £120 million and a development programme that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a full time (37.5 hours per week) Senior Support Worker at our service,Wendover Road, which is an adapted home providing residential care for four residents with learning and physical disabilities.
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as Senior Support Worker is to provide appropriate support to service users who are living in a supported housing setting to enable them to develop and maximise their independence.
If you have previously worked in a care setting or health and social care field and have experience of providing support to vulnerable people then this role could be perfect for you. We are looking for passionate people with a can-do attitude and are driven by the desire to make a difference and create a person-centred environment.
Your role as a Senior Support Worker will be:
- To support the manager to provide a quality service and to promote high standards of practice
- Be central to service delivery by providing leadership, direct line management supervision and support to a number of care and support staff
- Taking a hands on approach to care and support management
You will need to be able to work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working. You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities.
All applicants must hold a valid UK driving licence.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £24,492 pa for a 37.5 hour week
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Fully paid DBS
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please download the job description and click apply below.
Appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory right to work, enhanced DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.