‘People are proud to live and work in Slough where diversity is celebrated and where residents can enjoy fulfilling prosperous and healthy lives.’
Do you have experience in working with rough sleepers, outreach work, working with single homeless people?
Then maybe this is the time to come and join Slough Borough Council and help us maintain and extend, our excellent work with rough sleepers and partners within the borough. For the first time, we can plan for the next 3-year time period, would you like to be part of this exciting step forward?
This is an excellent opportunity to help us shape the next phase and to develop the service even further.
The Slough rough sleeping reduction service works as part of a multi-agency effort, liaising with the local authority, police, and other agencies to address street homelessness, with a particular focus, upon those individuals entrenched in the cycle of repeat rough sleeping. The service will work with internal and external partners to identify, and respond to, reports of rough sleepers and maintain an accurate overview of the local picture. Provide advice and referrals to services which meet the customers individual needs e.g. health care, substance misuse services, housing and benefits. The overall aim is to enable people sleeping rough to address their needs, improve health and to find appropriate solutions to end their homelessness, also to encourage people to lead a more settled way of life, by providing support and appropriate referrals to a range of services to those, also at risk of rough sleeping.
You will need to have:
- Experience of working with people experiencing homelessness/rough sleeping, including providing advice and information, guidance, and assistance.
- Experience of positively engaging with and sustaining appropriate relationships with clients who are often unwilling to engage with services.
- Understanding of the multiple/complex needs experienced by homeless people.
- Experience of working in confidential situations with an understanding of when & how to share sensitive or risk information.
- Ability to understand, assess and apply complex legislation accurately, within a range of circumstances, identifying issues around needs and trends and influencing changes in policy and practice.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills in order to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues and to advise customers on housing, finance issues.
- Ability to work accurately to achieve complex tasks and objectives within agreed timescales using own initiative, identifying urgent situations, and prioritise accordingly, whilst remaining calm under pressure.
Post 1 – 12 Month FTC
Post 2 – 24 Month FTC
For an informal discussion about the post please contact – Julie Render, Housing Demand Manager – 07523 936025. Or Adrian Cranganu, Rough Sleeper Lead – 07523 935998
We value diversity.