Social Worker - Mental Health Adult Social Care Access Team
£33,909 - £41,586 per annum plus £2,000 Market Supplement. The post also attracts £3,000 if trained as an AMHP
Newham is a diverse borough with a young and vibrant population. There are over 270,190 Adults in the borough, coming from all corners of the world and serves one of the most vibrant and culturally diverse communities in the UK where over 100 different languages are spoken. This makes Newham an exciting and interesting place to work.
Newham Mental Health service provides support to adults and Carers, who may, because of the effects of ill health or disability, need support to live safely and independently.
Our vision is to promote the wellbeing of people in Newham, making the best use of available resources to enable adults to live in the community independently and live safely, free from abuse and neglect. We strive to support our customers to make their own decisions, to feel safe and protected from harm, aspire to good health throughout their lives and make positive choices to maintain and improve their wellbeing.
Following the departure on the current post holder an opportunity has arisen for the post of Social Worker - Mental Health Adult Access
- The post holder will report to the Team Manager, Mental Health Adult Social Care Access Team
- The post holder has no direct budget responsibility but is required to ensure that council resources are appropriately managed
- The post holder may be required to work evenings, weekends and occasional public holidays, in order to meet service requirements
- The post holder has specific Health and Safety responsibilities in respect of general working practices and safety in the workplace
- The post holder has specific risk management responsibilities in respect of clinical risk
This is an excellent opportunity for a Social Worker with working experience in mental health who is hoping to progress in their carer to join the London Borough of Newham Mental Health Services.
We are looking to appoint an inspirational and committed individual who can problem solve, prioritise quickly, identify risk and is able to build professional relationships, knows and applies legislation and has the ability sustain a clear performance focus on achieving demanding goals to achieve the best possible outcomes.
The suitable candidate needs to be able to collaborate constructively with internal and external partners to maintain conditions for successful partnership working.
The successful candidate will be a Registered Social Worker.
We are able to offer you excellent personal and development opportunities:
- A supportive team working environment with regular supervision from the Service Manager
- Training (Opportunity to train as an AMHP)
- Access to a wide range of formal and informal CPD activities underpinned by a performance appraisal scheme and career progression pathway
- An annual appraisal linking your learning and development needs
- Subsidised leisure passes
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Local Government pension scheme
- Access to smarter working / flexible working
- Latest technology with mobile phones and laptops
For further details / informal discussion, please contact Erica Roberts-Sackey, Team Manager, Recovery Team, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 30/09/22
Please view Social Worker Mental Health Adults Care Access Team Job Description
We are committed to creating an inclusive, anti-racist environment for all. When you apply for a job at Newham, your application is considered on its merits regardless of your age, disability, ethnicity, faith, gender identity or sexual orientation. If you share our vision and values, and you bring the experience and skills we need, that’s all that matters to us.
The London Borough of Newham has important responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. If you are appointed to a job that involves working with these groups, you may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Please attach your supporting statement, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides why and how you meet the criteria for this role.
We practice anonymised recruitment. Please ensure that you remove all personal information from any documents that you upload.