Job Title: Welfare Assessments Advisor
Permanent: 22.5 Hours per week (7.50 Hours per day Monday Wednesday & Friday)
Grade/ Salary; Grade 5 £22,571-£24,920 ( pro rata)
About the role
As a forward thinking local authority, we want every interaction with residents, customers and colleagues to be the very best experience we can make it, and this is about what all of us do every day.
We are looking for a proactive and service focused individual to join our busy frontline team dealing with mainly Housing Benefit & Council Tax Reduction queries. The team deal with resident and customer enquiries via phone, email and face to face contact.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A commitment to embracing change and being the best, you can be.
- The ability to listen, extract and assess important information.
- Customer service ethos, striving to continually improve
- A can-do attitude; trustworthy and dependable
- The ability to work on their own initiative and take ownership and responsibility
- A desire to improve their skills, knowledge, and experience
- Working with colleagues and customers in a polite and respectful manner.
So, if you are a customer focused professional, with excellent communication, and IT skills who would like to support our community with their Benefit and Council Tax enquires we would like to hear from you. We are looking for someone who has experience in frontline customer service, or a similar role and some knowledge of Welfare Benefits would be beneficial, however we are also keen to train and develop the right people to work with us.
For more information about the role please contact; Andrea Thorne via email firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile: 07798 676951
Closing Date: 09/10/2022 11pm
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks. Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.