Team: Reablement Services Senior Occupational Therapist
Job Family: Supporting CBG11
Salary: £34,629 - £37,782 per annum, pro rata + MRS £7,000 per annum, pro rata
Hours: Full time - 37 hours per week (Part time/Job Share would be considered)
Location: Working from home and any CBC offices, including Priory House, Shefford. You will be expected to attend a CBC office location on a monthly basis, and as needed to carry out your role
Contract type: Hybrid - Permanent
Closing date: 30th September 2022
Interview Date: W/C 10th October 2022
Central Bedfordshire is an ambitious authority, determined to be an exemplary one. Our strategic location and high quality of life mean we are one of the fastest growing areas in the country.
As a council we face the same challenges every business does - investing in the right places and delivering great results. Except for us, it’s all about our 289,000 residents. We’re totally focussed on helping to improve their lives and making Central Bedfordshire a great place to live and work.
This is a great time to join us on our journey.
More about the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior OT to join the Reablement Team and Step-up Step-down units in Central Bedfordshire Council (CBC). This is a Senior Practitioner role which will include managing a caseload. You will be assisting and supporting the team in the development of an effective and confident workforce in line with the Directorate’s values and priorities, supervising and creating a positive team ethos, setting an example in all aspects of work to ensure the exemplary reputation of the Council is upheld.
The role involves:
- Provide specialist therapy support to the Community reablement service and step up /down units at evergreen and Beech Close to maximize a customer’s physical functionality and maximize independence
- This may include (but is not limited to) - assessment, implementation and revision of person specific goals and plans.
- Provision of passive and/or active treatment plans as indicated by assessment and the demonstration of the person and/or carers in the implementation of those plans.
- Prescription of relevant assistive equipment and TEC to support the person in maximizing their potential and maintaining safety.
- Assessment and advice regarding moving and handling associated with the person in receipt of services.
- Advice and input to the Service on the development and role of the service, particularly regarding the promotion of the Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy roles within the service
- Supervision of therapists within the reablement team.
- Liaison with health and social care colleagues, regarding ongoing care and support plans, specific moving and handling techniques, referrals to specialist services where appropriate
Working for us, you can expect to be valued for your positive and dynamic practice, be assisted to continue to develop as a practitioner within a supportive learning environment and operate within a ‘can do’ culture. Your contribution in helping us to succeed could enable you to discover your greatness. You will have skills that help us achieve the delivery of excellent person-centred approaches. You will value sound evidence-based practice and understand that best practice results in best value. You will know the importance of enabling people to be supported to be as independent as possible for as long as possible and that having a strong connection with local services and communities can make a real difference to people's lives and overall wellbeing.
If you are an experienced Occupational Therapist wanting to take the next step in your career and want to be part of a team delivering a responsive, flexible, and resilient service underpinned by a caring, compassionate, and confident operating culture, then we want to hear from you. You must be a registered and experienced Occupational Therapist and be able to travel around the county independently, able to work in the community covering the Central Bedfordshire region. Promoting independence, with a proactive and enabling approach is our ethos.
What we can offer you:
As well as joining a friendly, dedicated, and hardworking team you will have access to numerous benefits, including:
- Hybrid working arrangements as appropriate. We recognise the importance of supporting our employees to balance their home and work life and to be able to work in the most efficient way. As a hybrid worker you will be able to work from home with access to any CBC location.
- A £250 one off hybrid worker payment, helping you achieve a safe and suitable work space at home
- Support to work from abroad for up to a month a year where appropriate
- Generous family friendly policies and practices
- A supportive and inclusive environment that values and celebrates differences
- Staff network and support groups
- Annual leave allowance 24 days + statutory holidays rising to 31 days with length of service.
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS). This is a valuable part of our rewards package for employees and includes Life Assurance: click here
- An Employee Assistance Programme offering support to all employees through workplace changes as well as other work, family and personal issues
- Training and Learning offer – we have access to hundreds of courses and role specific training is also available
- Access to discounts from local and national retailers
Central Bedfordshire Council has its own vision and values that are integral to everything we do. Our area vision is to make Central Bedfordshire 'A great place to live and work’.
Our aspiration is to be a truly flexible employer. We welcome discussion on location, hours and working pattern as part of the application process.
You will be expected to demonstrate how you meet the key accountabilities and competencies detailed within this Recruitment Pack
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact:
Anthony Prior at Anthony.Prior@centralbedfordshire.gov.uk or call 0300 300 6341
Katherine Quail at Katherine.Quail@centralbedfordsire.gov.uk or call 0300 300 6388
For queries related to the recruitment of this vacancy, please contact: The Recruitment Team at email@example.com
Central Bedfordshire Council reserves the right to close this vacancy before the advertised date if a large number of applications are received. If you would like to apply for this position then please keep information in mind when preparing your application.
Safeguarding (For DBS posts only):
Central Bedfordshire Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees, volunteers and contractors to share this commitment. This post is subject to the disclosure of criminal records.
Central Bedfordshire Council is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to improving the diversity of our workforce to better reflect the communities we serve. Therefore we welcome applications from everyone. In addition we are a Disability Confident employer, we are working to become a Disability Confident leader in our community.
To maintain a fair and consistent approach for applicants, it is Central Bedfordshire Council's policy to only consider applications made via our online application system and we therefore thank you for not submitting your application offline.
If you require assistance to apply for our roles, help with writing your CV, interview techniques or careers advice please contact our team of careers advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org Our service is confidential, impartial and free for all.