Job title – Benefits Assessor
22.5 Hours per week - 7.5 Hours per day Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
Salary £22,571 - £24,920 Pro rata Grade 5,
(Plus Market Supplement to G6 £25,419 - £29,174 Pro rata)
Wokingham Borough Council is seeking an enthusiastic and innovative Benefits Assessor to help deliver an efficient service to its residents.
The role will entail but not be limited to:
Providing accurate, timely processing of Housing Benefit & Council Tax Reduction claims, whilst maintaining high standards of customer care.
To apply for this role, you should have the following:
- Knowledge of Welfare Benefits ( Including Housing Benefit & Council Tax Reduction).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Target driven to deliver a consistently high level of customer service.
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Ability to manage a varied workload
- Good level of IT and analytical skills
- Be a fast learner (training will be provided within this role)
Closing date 9th October 2022, 11.00pm
For further information about the role please contact Kate Haynes (Benefit Manager) via email email@example.com
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks. Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.