Teaching Assistant Level 3 – Lime Academy Hornbeam – Salary between £25,578 - £27,471 FTE (pro rata for term time only)
These posts will be based at Lime Academy Hornbeam a special school in the London Borough of Waltham Forest for children with complex needs, including learning difficulties, physical impairment and sensory impairment, aged 2-19.
The Lime Trust’s vision is to provide high quality education for pupils through school-to-school collaboration and Trust direction, high challenge and high support. All schools in the Lime Trust strive to improve life chances for all and respected in their local communities.
The successful candidate will work with the teaching and learning team and the Senior Leadership Team at the school to support pupils, promote best practice, and contribute to the aims and ethos of the Trust and its schools.
Candidates should be ambitious and passionate professionals, who will add value to our school in striving to help deliver personalised learning that prepares our pupils for the next stage in their life, and who can:
- Lead the class in the absence of the class teacher for short periods
- Provide general support to the class teacher in the management and organisation of the classroom
- Assist the teacher in creating and maintaining a purposeful, orderly and supportive learning environment
- Provide expertise to deliver a personalised curriculum for each pupil’s learning
- Promote the inclusion of all pupils, ensuring they have equal opportunities to learn and develop
- Build and maintain successful relationships with pupils, treating them with respect and consideration
- Work together with families and other agencies to ensure every pupil is valued, challenged and supported
- Have the highest expectation that every pupil will make sustained academic and personal progress
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
We are looking forward to hearing from candidates who want to take the next step up in their career. This is a post that requires candidates to be committed to ongoing personal learning and development, and to sharing our long-term aims and drive for continuous improvement within our school. Applications from colleagues who meet the criteria are welcome from both our mainstream and special schools.
The Lime Way:
- Always working to be brilliant
- Putting learners' first
- Setting the standard
- Building capacity rich schools
The Values we embed in our schools are:
- Communication (a voice for all)
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating a positive and safe learning environment to nurture pupils’ development. Our aim is to provide our pupils with the best possible opportunities to succeed with future goals and aspirations in all areas of their life including social, emotional, physical and communication. We strive to ensure our pupils reach their full potential to allow them to actively participate in the wider community and to prepare them for adult life.
- IT equipment (relevant to the post)
- Well-being support including online resources/app/initiatives
- Extensive CPD opportunities, including support with external courses for further career development
- Enhanced maternity leave benefits
- Membership of a generous pension scheme (LGPS or TPS)
- National pay rates
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working opportunities
- Job-sharing/Part-time working
- Term-time working
- Career break
- Supportive Special Leave requests
- Subsidised school meals
- Subsidised childcare (offered on some sites)
Closing date: 3 October 2022
Shortlisting: 4 October 2022
Interviews: 12 October
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to arrange a visit.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS check). References will be taken up before appointment.