This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive IT manager to drive the implementation and delivery of technical services across Hightown. As a member of the senior management team the Head of IT will be responsible for the leadership, direction and oversight of IT Services across Hightown.
Who are we?
At Hightown, we`re a charitable housing association that builds homes and supports people. We provide affordable homes and a wide range of care and supported housing services across Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. Our aim is to deliver demonstrable social value and impact in all of our activities.
About the role;
The successful candidate will lead the IT Team through the introduction and maintenance of best practice in the high quality provision of IT infrastructure, security, telecommunications, and business systems. In addition you will provide proactive and strategic planning of future IT requirements and solutions to support delivery of excellent services to over 1000 staff.
You will provide expert knowledge and experience to develop and deliver the IT Strategy to support the strategic aims of the Association in line with business budget and compliance, leading the IT team in making this strategy a reality for the association.
Who we are looking for;
In addition to experience of leading successful IT Teams, the ideal candidate will have;
- A degree in a relevant field or have gained substantial relevant experience,
- Experience of managing IT services across multiple sites,
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills,
- Excellent project or programme management skills,
- Experience of delivering technology improvements in infrastructure and end user experience,
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders with confidence,
- High level of influencing and persuasion skills.
Additionally the successful candidate will share our core values,
At Hightown we ensure our workplace values are at the heart of everything we do. Our values are:
- Putting our residents and service users first,
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice,
- Developing passionate and committed teams,
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year including bank holidays, rising with service to 35 days
- Ability to work from home two days per week by agreement
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Free staff car park facility
- Discretionary annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus of 1.25%
- Regular market reviews of salary and cost of living
- Life assurance cover of three times your annual salary
- Employee health and wellbeing programmes & access to onsite gym facilities
- Ongoing training and support to deliver outstanding support
Are you interested?
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you or you want to have an informal chat, please contact us on 01442 292277 email@example.com
Closing date 21st October 2022
Please note at Hightown Housing Association we receive a high volume of quality candidates, we therefore reserve the right to close the vacancy early, therefore early applications are positively encouraged.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please submit your up to date CV and provide a cover letter (max 500 words) detailing how your skills and experience make you suitable for this role.
Unfortunately at this time Hightown Housing Association cannot offer visa sponsorship and all applicants will need to demonstrate the right to work in the UK.
Please click below for a copy of the job description.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.