Parent Support Adviser x3
Early Help Family Hub Service
Full Time - PO1
Salary £35,496 - £38,385
Early Help Family Hub Service
The Parent Support Service is part of the Early Help Family Hub Service within Children and Family Services. It is a preventive service which offers support and advice to families, with children aged 0-18 years that live in or attend a school in Enfield.
We are looking for enthusiastic and competent advisers with at least 2 years post qualifying experience to join the Parent support Unit. We will expect excellent writing skills, clear understanding of risk and good assessment skills.
You must have a NVQ level 3 qualification or equivalent in the either the field of Child Care, Education, Health as well as significant experience in working with families and children
The post holder will have a varied caseload, offering support to empower parents / carers to build on family’s strengths preventing family breakdown and the involvement of statutory services
The post holder will be accountable to the Parent Support Unit Deputy Team manager.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a strong service that works together with families, to achieve positive outcomes for children and young people.
Enfield’s Social Care Centre of Excellence confirms our commitment to creating and maintaining an environment for new and existing staff to be the best and deliver high quality social work to our most vulnerable children and young people. It brings our recruitment, professional development and support into the one portal for social care staff to see what we have to offer and how we are supporting them to continue to learn and develop on a professional basis. For more information please visit https://new.enfield.gov.uk/centreofexcellence/about-us/
For further information please contact: Lydia Bartlett, Team Manager on 0208 1322416 or Dionne Lindezey on 0208 1322098
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: 23:59 on 27th September 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply please click on the apply button below
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Cinzia Percival on 0208 132 0346 or email email@example.com
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Lydia Bartlett on 0208 1322416 or email Lydia.firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Enfield is currently working with the Signs of Safety model, and this is being rolled out across the service.