Reporting to (and supported by) the Head of Information Governance/DPO, you will have an interest in data protection (at least 3 years’ experience of working within the field) and experience of managing a team of practitioners preferably within a local authority setting. You will have a willingness and ability to support and train staff and internal customers and be comfortable working in a challenging but worthwhile environment.
Responsibilities also include:
- Being the main point of contact for data protection queries from officers of the Council and for any other Local Authority the Council provides services to.
- Allocation (in the face of competing demands and limited resources) of work to practitioners and oversight of work.
- Managing performance where necessary.
- Dealing with internal and external (ICO) complaints
- Ensuring that Data Subject Rights are processed in accordance within statutory timescales by the team.
If you think you have what is required and you are ready for a challenging, yet very rewarding role then please apply now to find out more.
For an informal discussion (in complete confidence) about this role please contact David Campbell Head of Information Governance/ DPO by email email@example.com
Closing Date: Sunday 16th October 2022
Interview Date: Friday 28th October 2022