An excellent Site Supervisor is required for an immediate start!
Responsible to: Headteacher
Terms and conditions: 52 weeks, 30 hours per week
Rosetta Primary School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Site Supervisor with excellent maintenance skills. The successful applicant will assist in the smooth running of a busy school, by ensuring the cleanliness and health and safety of the premises are kept to the highest standard.
We can offer you:
- A supportive Line Manager and Site Staff
- A team of cleaners, who are friendly, and committed to ensuring the highest standards are achieved
- An inclusive and caring ethos.
- A dedicated and supportive leadership team
- A culturally diverse community.
- A supportive Governing Body.
- Three annual personal days
- Occupational Health Services
The suitable candidate must be able to in the following:
- The planned and ad hoc maintenance and upkeep of the premises, the buildings, their non-curricular contents and grounds.
- Deciding priorities for handyperson works required at the school.
- Ensuring the safe and efficient operation of all mechanical, electrical, heating and water services on the premises.
- Carrying out appropriate duties in relation to the grounds.
- Carrying out a wide range of handyperson duties using various skills.
- Carrying out basic plumbing, carpentry and electrical works/repairs.
- To maintain and improve the decor of the school (both internally and externally).
- To deal with any emergencies as they arise.
- Overall security arrangements of the premises including that staff are aware of the guidance and procedures on security and the use of alarm systems.
- Maintaining the premises in a safe and healthy condition, ensuring the maintenance of fire and other safety equipment and first aid and emergency equipment, the safe storage of any potentially harmful materials and that there is appropriate and effective signposting.
- Supervise cleaners and contractors on site
- Be an active member of the maintenance committee
- Be responsible for managing and maintaining a budget allocation
- To file Health and Safety paperwork both electronically and in hardcopy.
- To regularly check, write, send and reply to emails.
- To be able to work on your own initiative.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the School Business Manager Mrs Nora Hasler (Tel. 020 7476 5308) to arrange a convenient time.
Closing date: 07.10.22
Interviews: W/C 17.10.22
Start date: ASAP