Social Worker - Leaving Care Team
Salary: SW Level2/3 £33,324 to £42,855
Permanent & Fixed term positions available, Full Time (36 hours)
An opportunity is available in Enfield Council for a Social Worker to join permanently the Adolescent and Leaving Care Team. This is an inclusive and welcoming Team that works with young people in care and support them towards independence.
The Team is based temporarily at Charles Babbage House (EN1 4TU) pending transfer to the Council’s brand new offices in the area of Enfield Town due to take place in 2022.
The Team is a mix of Social Workers and Personal Advisors. We are working with a wide range of young people from the age of 16 up to their 25th birthday, depending on their circumstances and wishes. This includes young people who were born in the UK and those who entered the Country as Unaccompanied Asylum-Seeking Children.
We are looking for a vibrant and dynamic practitioner who shares our passion in working with young people and is able to work well under pressure.
This can be challenging but rewarding work with young people who have had difficult experiences as children and need continued support and guidance to achieve the best possible outcomes in adulthood.
There are continuous opportunities to develop professionally in both within the Leaving Care Team or in any of the other Teams that are under the Children and Families Service.
Leaving Care is a supportive Team with small supervision groups and a commitment to group supervision and ongoing support. The successful candidate will be a qualified Social Worker who is passionate about working with young people, is able to work as part of a Team and will has relevant experience in working with children and families particularly teenagers and young adults.
A recent OFSTED inspection has rated Enfield as Good overall, we want to build on this and continue to develop in all areas.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
- 1 month paid sabbatical for Children’s Social Workers
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Enfield’s Social Care Centre of Excellence confirms our commitment to creating and maintaining an environment for new and existing staff to be the best and deliver high quality social work to our most vulnerable children and young people. It brings our recruitment, professional development and support into the one portal for social care staff to see what we have to offer and how we are supporting them to continue to learn and develop on a professional basis. For more information please visit https://new.enfield.gov.uk/centreofexcellence/about-us/
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing at 23:59 on Sunday 2nd October 2022
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Luis Herrero on 020 8132 2411 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.