Housing Policy and Quality Assurance Manager
Full time 37 hours
RG8 – scp 39-45, with a gateway at scp 42
£43,570 - £49,702
Our Housing and Communities Team are passionate about the people who live in our town; our vision is for everyone to have the opportunity to live in a good quality sustainable home within in a lively and thriving neighbourhood. We have a great track record in building strategic partnerships, successfully bidding for Government funding, major project delivery and being the best landlord in the town. Our work is rewarding, we change lives for the better by tackling homelessness, providing high quality homes and strengthening communities.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity and inclusion is the key to our success. Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
About the role
You will lead the continuous improvement in the Housing Services, ensuring we are operating to the highest standard and in line with national guidance and good practice. You will be responsible for ensuring that the policies of the service are up to date, legislatively compliant and effectively communicated. Working with a small team of two officers you will ensure that the Housing Service is shaped and improved using customer feedback, data analysis and benchmarking. You will help the Housing and Communities Management Team prepare for external inspections and ensure the service is actively embedding best practice to deliver the fantastic outcomes for customers.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage the production of performance information and analysis for the Housing and Communities Management Team
- Lead, plan, co-ordinate and set a framework to secure the effective delivery of service improvement within the service
- Oversee the programme of implementation for new legislation and modernising the service’s Policy Framework
- Make sure the service is making best use of technology to develop services for the benefit of customers
- Develop and deliver annual service improvement plans in partnership with Service Managers, shaped by comparative data, customer feedback and best practice
- Prepare the service for inspection
- Oversee and prepare bids to various Government departments for funding opportunities
You’ll be part of a team that relies on each individual to play their part to the best of their ability. As well as the colleagues that you work closely with every day, you’ll also be part of Team Reading, playing your personal part in making Reading a successful and vibrant place. Our vision is to ensure that Reading realises its potential as a great place to live, work and play, and that everyone shares the benefits of this success. Our values and behaviours guide how we will achieve this:
Work Together as one team - champion and inspire a culture which ensures that all employees across the organisation work together to provide excellent outcomes for Reading
Drive Efficiency - create an environment in which resources are used efficiently and employees’ skills are developed and used effectively
Be Ambitious - aspire to deliver excellence and inspire and support others to reach their potential
Make a Difference to Reading - inspire a culture in which the customer is the focus and where change is welcomed as an opportunity
- Be able to convey wide ranging, complex and contentious information to a range of audiences including colleagues in other agencies and members of the public, elected Members, DHLUC and Homes England
- Have experience of producing, analysing and presenting complex performance information, ideally with experience of using Business Objects.
- Have experience of research and evaluation of service delivery in order to improve service delivery and outcomes for customers
- Have experience of leading colleagues across the Council and external organisations on complex areas of Housing legislation and Policy
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information on this position please contact Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 12th Oct
Interview Date: TBC
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.