About the Role
The Young People`s Housing Service in Watford provides accommodation and support for young people aged between 16-24 years.
You will be working 10 hours a week.
As a Domestic Cleaner, you will be responsible for ensuring that there is a good standard of cleanliness & hygiene being maintained within the service. This will be covering 2 schemes both located in Watford within walking distance of each other.
Maintaining high standards of cleanliness in a busy kitchen
Ensuring communal areas are clean and welcoming
Returning rooms and en-suite bathrooms to a high standard of cleanliness once a stay has ended and preparing ready for the next service user
Mandatory training will be offered that all new employees to the association must attend.
We are looking for a passionate person with a `can-do` attitude. Some previous experience of domestic cleaning would be beneficial. Some knowledge around the work carried out within care and supported housing would be useful.
We offer a range of benefits which include:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £4,941 pa for a 10 hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 7,500 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £120 million and a development programme that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.
How To Apply
To apply for the position of a Domestic Assistant please complete our online application form.
Closing Date: Sunday 9th October 2022
Interview Date: TBC
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.