The Deputyship/Appointee Service is a crucial service which manages the property and financial affairs of vulnerable adults who have been assessed to lack mental capacity, where there is no one else suitable, able or willing to undertake this role for them. The team is based within the Adult Social Care Department and has a strong client-centred and advocacy focus. The case work is varied and interesting.
You will support the care teams to make applications to the Court of Protection for Deputy Orders and Department for Work and Pensions for Appointeeships. You will be required to keep accurate records in line with department procedures and liaise with external partners.
- Maximising income and ensuring that benefits are claimed correctly, and problems resolved.
- Ensuring rent, care fees, bills and liabilities are correct and paid on time
- Supporting Care Management Teams with service user tenancy moves, or moves into or out of care
- Creating financial statements / spending plans and ensuring that the client receives a personal allowance for their day-to-day needs that is affordable and meets their need
- Making payments in relation to additional requests for funds, goods and services. Pro-actively working with care teams and service users care and support providers to utilise their monies to improve health and wellbeing.
- Maintaining client and financial records
- Annual reviews for client contributions for care and completing reports for the Office of the Public Guardian
- Financial safeguarding and working alongside social workers in managing risk
You will receive training and support to carry out this role, but to be successful in your application you will need to demonstrate:
- Previous experience of working with financial matters, in particular connected to individual client casework. This could come from a variety of paid or voluntary work experience. A background in social welfare law advice and advocacy would be ideal for this role
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to work collaboratively with clients and stakeholders, and deliver great customer service to a diverse range of people
Closing Date: 25th September
Interview Date: W/C 10th October
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Ruth Floyd on 01438 845728