Enfield Council are recruiting for Health & Care Assistant for Bridgewood House based in Enfield. We are looking for kind, friendly, talented and caring candidates to join and enhance our team of hard working, passionate and friendly people.
We are currently looking to recruit across day shifts and night shifts across all shift patterns covering weekdays and weekends.
The role of a health care assistant is vitally important and fundamental in the principles of delivering the highest quality of clinical care to our residents.
You will be playing a pivotal role in providing excellent support in care for residents and your daily tasks as a support worker will includes assisting residents with personal care, administered of medication, assisting with personal care, toileting, assistance eating and drinking, key working and escorting residents to appointments.
Key Responsibilities and Job specification
- Able to assess needs of the residents for care
- Documentation - able to document care in care notes with a good standard of English language
- Adhere to policies and procedures in the organisation and CQC guidelines
- You need to be kind, caring and patient with a reassuring and positive attitude.
- You need to be equally happy to work as part of our team and on your own initiative.
- You will need to have an interest in working with our client group of elderly frail residents with dementia and / challenging behaviour
- You will need to share our values of protecting dignity, promoting wellbeing and working in a person-centred manner at all times.
- Work within multidisciplinary team, key working
What you will need to do the role successfully
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- Person centred approach.
- Be proactive, professional and able to deal with people at all levels.
- Great support planning skills.
- Good communications skills
- Experience in mentoring, training or supervising others (desirable)
- Previous experience of working in a nursing environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good IT Skills.
- Satisfactory Disclosure completion upon successful application
- Care of the elderly / palliative care experience (desired)
- Training / coaching experience / qualification (desired)
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Bibi.Codabaccus@enfield.gov.uk on 020 8148 4334 for an informal discussion
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org on 020 8132 0346
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: 23:59 on Sunday 2nd October 2022
Interview date: TBA
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
In order to work at Bridgewood care Home, completion of the COVID19 vaccination course evidence by having a valid NHS COVID Pass, or alternatively a medical exemption, is essential.