Norbury School, Welldon Crescent, Harrow HA1 1QQ
An opportunity to join our award-winning and vibrant school in a fixed-term contract for the current academic year. To start as soon as possible.
We are seeking an outstanding, ambitious and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant, with experience in supporting children with complex learning needs, to work with SEND children in our Nursery. An LSA at Norbury will support, nurture, extend and narrow gaps of learning across year groups.
To be considered you must have:
- GCSE or equivalent qualifications in English and Maths
- Evidence of widening your own learning, e.g degree qualification or equivalent
- A minimum of 6 months recent, relevant and continuous experience within a Nursery setting.
- Experience or knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice and of working with SEND children.
- A wide range of experience and knowledge of the curriculum.
- A commitment to personal development and a desire to move onto further responsibility across the school, if possible.
- Ability to inspire and be inspired.
We can offer:
- A well-being school where our own health and well-being is part of keeping pupils at the centre.
- An exciting learning environment where challenging and engaging learning is a top priority
- Outstanding pupils who speak 54 languages from 50 countries and who are all keen to learn and explore further.
- A supportive and inspiring team to grow with.
- An award winning and vibrant school which continues to achieve extremely high standards.
- A Learning Hub for Safeguarding, where the child is at the centre of all that we do.
You will be required to work under the guidance of the schools Inclusion Team and be prepared to work in a variety of contexts in order to promote and support all learners in all possible learning situations.
Closing date: Monday 10th October 2022, 12 Noon
Interview date: Wednesday 2nd November 2022
Visits are welcomed and highly recommended – please contact Ms J Hastings, School Manager, on 020 8863 8769 for an appointment.