Homelessness Partnerships Officer
12-month Fixed Term
Full time 37 hours
RG6m – scp 28-33, gateway at 31
£32,798 - £37,568
Our Housing and Communities Team are passionate about the people who live in our town; our vision is for everyone to have the opportunity to live in a good quality sustainable home within a lively and thriving neighbourhood. We have lots of energy and enthusiasm and channel this by seeking to innovate and create opportunities that have a lasting effect on the communities in Reading, keeping them at the heart of all we do. Our work is rewarding, we change lives for the better by tackling homelessness, building new homes and strengthening communities.
You will lead on the operational delivery of a suite of accommodation and support services for single homeless households who are rough sleeping or at risk of rough sleeping. You will support with the delivery of best practice and coordinate external and internal partners to ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient service for Reading residents who are homeless or in housing need.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity and inclusion is the key to our success. Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
About the role
Reporting to the Rough Sleeping Initiatives Manager you will work in partnership with internal and external customers, including several partner agencies, to ensure the delivery of housing priorities and to progress working practice to achieve desired outcomes for homeless households.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Lead on the operational delivery of Reading’s Homelessness Support Services, including administration and operation of the borough’s Access Panel
- Provide casework support and a single point of contact to partner services
- Attend case conferences and ensure that Housing priorities and outcomes are represented
- Act as lead liaison for Reading’s Homelessness Partnership (HoP) across voluntary sector partners and commissioned services working with those who rough sleep/are at risk of rough sleeping
- Ensure customer literature and communications are clear, concise and options based and kept up to date considering changes to working practice and relevant case-law
You’ll be part of a team that relies on each individual to play their part to the best of their ability. As well as the colleagues that you work closely with every day, you’ll also be part of Team Reading, playing your personal part in making Reading a successful and vibrant place. Our vision is to ensure that Reading realises its potential as a great place to live, work and play, and that everyone shares the benefits of this success. Our values and behaviours guide how we will achieve this:
Work Together as one team - work collaboratively, with each other and with our partners, and demonstrate the Team Reading values in everything we do
Drive Efficiency - show initiative, be adaptable to change and put forward ideas to help improve delivery and efficiency. Take responsibility for our own learning and development and for reaching our potential
Be Ambitious - be demanding of our own performance – striving to be even better – and be prepared to engage with and challenge leaders in a constructive and positive way
Make a Difference to Reading - maintain the highest levels of customer service and be flexible and willing to provide the services needed at the time they are needed
The following experience is required for this role:
- Working in a housing environment, including with a range of stakeholders and commissioned services
- At ease working collaboratively across a multi-disciplinary/cross-sector environment, as well as being part of a small responsive team
- Communication and analytical skills for developing and writing reports at a high level
- Thorough knowledge of current housing issues including those specifically relating to single homelessness and rough sleeping
- Monitoring/evaluating service quality and performance via service delivery plans and/or contracts
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Creative, independent problem-solving skills and managing own workload
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition are strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information on this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 7th Oct
Interview Date: tbc
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.