Two opportunities have arisen to join our friendly, busy Systems and Information Team within the HR and Payroll Operations Service at Medway Council. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has system administration experience with Zellis ResourceLink or a similar combined HR and Payroll system.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage and maintain the HR and Payroll System (Zellis ResourceLink) including the organisation Hierarchies, Posts, Grades and other background parameters
- Support & coordinate the development/roll out of new functionality, modules and software releases including documenting associated processes and guidance notes.
- First/Second Line issue resolution escalating to the relevant software provider when required.
- Manage and maintain management information reports used for statutory returns, organisation and KPI purposes
- Manage and maintain user access to HR and Payroll systems and reporting tools including security profiles, security restrictions, datasets/domains within ResourceLink and the related reporting tools (Cognos Impromptu, RRS, and in the future Power BI).
- Undertaking data analysis of data extracted from the HR and Payroll Systems to support data driven decision making, statutory returns and project activities within the service.
Experience with RRS and/or Power BI including SQL skills together with relevant HR/Payroll systems admin experience would be advantageous.
The role could also be suitable for someone with relevant HR/Payroll experience or with transferable system administration and/or data analyst skills to move into their first specialist systems officer role.
Candidates with transferable skills who do not meet all the essential person criteria are encouraged to apply. A training programme & salary would be negotiable dependent on transferable skills & experience.
In return we offer you:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Travel plan discounts
- Car Benefit Scheme from Tusker
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
Medway is a unitary authority in the South East of England, made up of the towns of Strood, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham and Rainham and more rural areas, including the Hoo Peninsula.
Situated in Kent in the South-East of England, the area has plenty of green spaces, excellent facilities and easy access to the national motorway and rail networks, facilitating superb transport links to London.
We provide all local Government services for a quarter of a million people, looking after education, environment, social care, housing, planning, business and much more - everything from frontline services such as rubbish collection and events like the Dickens Festival to work that goes on behind the scenes to ensure services in Medway run smoothly and cost effectively.
Working at Medway Council means that you get to be part of this journey working alongside talented, professional colleagues to drive forward change to transform the lives of our residents and the communities they live in.
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01634 332952
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Medway Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, family commitments, sexual orientation, age, HIV status, religious or political beliefs, social class or trade union activity or irrelevant spent conviction.
For further information please refer to the Medway information pack available as a download or to view online
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.