An exciting opportunity has come up for a Health & Safety Advisor.
The role requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the natural ability to network and build effective relationships with key colleagues across the organisation.
The Health and Safety Advisor will be based in London with occasional site visits to Kent and Sussex and lead on providing health and safety advice for managers and employees. As part of a team of Health and Safety Advisors the role will provide cover for London and the South East as required.
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft office packages
- Previous experience of working in a housing association or the public sector.
- Holds a NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or Construction Health and Safety.
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.