Medway has over 1,800 hectares of green space, 8 Green Flag Awards, lies in the Kent Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and 28% of the area is designated as SSSI. We really value our prestigious green spaces and are looking for an outstanding Greenspace Development Officer to assist in the delivery of an ambitious programme of regeneration.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic Greenspace Development team where collectively your knowledge and skills will achieve demonstrable improvements to our green spaces. Your role will be varied and will include delivering a wide range of green space improvement projects, with community engagement, from play areas to ecological enhancements.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team. In order to succeed you will need to be able to work independently and as part of a team, be highly organised and able to deliver. This is your opportunity to add real value to our growing team and improve Medway’s green spaces as part of our ambitious delivery programme.
Interviews – Friday 28 October or Monday 31 October 2022 in person
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualification - Landscape Architecture, Environmental Management or Landscape/Horticultural Management.
- Proven track record of successful project management, landscape design, contract management, partnership working and funding bids.
- Full UK driving licence and access to own transport for work purposes
- Experience of working to deliver outcomes from key strategies and policies.
- Experience of delivering projects related to planning applications, Section 106 Agreements or CIL.
- Experience of coordinating public consultations.
- Experience/knowledge of Green Flag Awards.
In return we offer you:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Travel plan discounts
- Car Benefit Scheme from Tusker
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
Medway is a unitary authority in the South East of England, made up of the towns of Strood, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham and Rainham and more rural areas, including the Hoo Peninsula.
Situated in Kent in the South-East of England, the area has plenty of green spaces, excellent facilities and easy access to the national motorway and rail networks, facilitating superb transport links to London.
We provide all local Government services for a quarter of a million people, looking after education, environment, social care, housing, planning, business and much more - everything from frontline services such as rubbish collection and events like the Dickens Festival to work that goes on behind the scenes to ensure services in Medway run smoothly and cost effectively.
Working at Medway Council means that you get to be part of this journey working alongside talented, professional colleagues to drive forward change to transform the lives of our residents and the communities they live in.
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager please contact Fiona Leadley on 01634 332499 or by e-mail at email@example.com
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Medway Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, family commitments, sexual orientation, age, HIV status, religious or political beliefs, social class or trade union activity or irrelevant spent conviction.
For further information please refer to the Medway information pack available as a download or to view online
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.