Our Building Maintenance team based in Hurst Green, Surrey, are looking for candidates who have experience and capability providing a wide range of property maintenance tasks. Example of tasks for this multi-skilled role can include large project work such as kitchen fitting and bathroom installs as well as general property reactive repair tasks such as plumbing, decorating, plastering and brickwork.
The role comes complete with a van from our contemporary fleet for use during working hours. Our staff are also issued corporate uniform, and any specialist equipment that may be required for the role, outside of general and basic tools such as battery drills, screwdrivers etc, which candidates will need to have their own available for the role.
An out-of-hours emergency response rota is operated within the department, which attracts additional paid allowances.
General working is Monday – Friday 37hrs per week between 0800 and 1600
About the role:
The Building Maintenance team is responsible for operating a responsive repairs service for the Council’s housing stock and other Council property. The range of service delivery includes reactive and planned repairs for occupied homes, void properties and commercial/public buildings. This is an important service provided by the Council, demanding a high standard of workmanship. We need candidates able to problem solve and work unsupervised on their own initiative, with a good understanding of health and safety as well as great customer focus.
Who we’re looking for:
- You’ll need a proven track record of working across a broad range of maintenance jobs within a professional capacity.
- Previous experience of kitchen and bathroom installs would be an advantage.
- You should be capable of assessing/estimating cost of works to be undertaken and order materials from drawings/works orders.
- Knowledge of health and safety considerations and practices relevant to this role
- Good geographic and community knowledge and experience of the Tandridge District area
Want to know more?
If you’d like to know more, please read the Role Profile and Specification initially. You can additionally get in touch with our Building Maintenance Supervisor, Daniel Groves, for an informal discussion by e-mailing your phone number and daytime availability to DGroves@tandridge.gov.uk
We’d love to hear from you.