Salary: Band F, £22,571-£24,920 FTE.
The salary will be pro-rata to reflect the part time nature of the post
Hours: Permanent /8:30am – 4:00pm, 35 hours per week, 39 weeks per year.
Townfield Primary School is a thriving school in Oxton, Wirral and joined the Rainbow Education Multi Academy trust in September 2021. Townfield Primary School has a strong Leadership team with a strong school curriculum that is challenging and stimulating and is designed to suit the needs of our pupils and the community in which we serve.
We are looking to recruit a Level 3 TA to provide in class signing support for a child.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- To support all teaching staff in developing the teaching and learning of children at TPS with specific focus on deaf pupils.
- To work under the professional direction of a visiting Teacher of the Deaf and SENCO within an agreed system of supervision in delivering lessons set by or with the class teacher.
- To support learning as identified in the weekly curriculum planning by differentiating tasks, providing visual and sign resources to allow access to the curriculum and to act as a role model, setting high expectations. This may include small group work with pupils of a similar ability.
- Use ICT to support learning.
- Work in line with the school behavior policy.
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic and committed Teaching Assistant with the knowledge and skills to impact upon the children in their care.
Rainbow Education Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding children and promoting children's welfare. This post is subject to all the relevant pre-employment checks set out in 'Keeping Children Safe in Education’, including an enhanced DBS certificate with a barred - list check.
Closing Date: Friday 7th October 2022
Interviews will be held W/C 10th October 2022
Application forms for the above post are available online at www.wirral.gov.uk and also from the school office. Please return completed application forms with a supporting letter to the Headteacher at the school address.
All applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability for the post regardless of sex, race or disability.
Townfield Primary School
Tel: 0151 652 8498