The Homelessness and Housing Needs Team is looking for a Housing Online and Business Support Officer to join our team to be the first point of contact for households in the borough who wish to explore their housing options and apply to join the Wokingham Borough Council housing waiting list.
Responsibilities will include:
- To provide households with advice and assistance regarding their housing options and assisting households in making housing applications
- To work with other Council services to provide advice and assistance regarding housing applications
- To support partner agencies in assisting applicants to submit housing applications
- To contact relevant professionals via email, phone calls and letters
- Collate and present supporting information to Senior Officers to confirm eligibility to join the Housing Register
- To work with Senior Officers to prioritise applicants for Shared Ownership
- To provide vital telephone and admin support to Homelessness and Housing Needs Team and to monitor the Housing Online inbox.
Relevant experience in frontline/ operational Homelessness services is desirable.
Closing date: 11:00pm on 13 October 2022
Interview date: W/C 17 October 2022
For further information about this role, please contact Kerry Flynn on 0118 974 6000 or email@example.com
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, and other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.