Permanent MPS/UPS + TLR 2
South Wirral High School is a co-educational foundation secondary school and sixth form located in the Wirral. Our curriculum aims to develop
Confident, inspired individuals
Aspiring, responsible citizens
Geography plays an important role in a broad and ambitious curriculum. It is a popular option choice at GCSE and A Level.
The person appointed will be accountable to the Faculty Progress Leader for the progress of students in Geography, leading a team of 2 other geographers, within a Humanities Faculty of 12 staff. The Faculty has a strong ethos of moral purpose and an outstanding culture of professional development.
The person appointed should:
- be an outstanding Geography teacher, modelling the best practice to colleagues
- be able to demonstrate positive impact on student progress, in relation to external benchmarks
- have experience of coaching colleagues and students, with clear impact
The post will focus on supporting the Faculty Progress Leader in maintaining a high quality of teaching within the Faculty, to ensure that students make good or outstanding progress in Geography from their starting points. There will also be opportunity to line manage other subjects within Humanities.
- Assist the Faculty Progress Leader in maintaining a clear vision and strong and consistent ethos within the Faculty
- Assist strategic planning of the Faculty, in line with school priorities, including evaluation of the Geography curriculum
- Ensure that assessment of student progress is razor-sharp at all key stages
- Monitor the progress of all students and all groups and put strategies in place to address any progress that is not good, following the Diagnosis-Therapy-Testing model
- Evaluate the quality of teaching using a variety of evidence which may include data analysis, lesson observations, learning walks, work scrutiny and student voice
- Cultivate love of Geography by maintaining a high quality extra-curricular programme, including trips
- Delegate other duties to staff as appropriate
The Assessment Process will be:
- in-tray exercise (20%)
- presentation (20%)
- interview panel (40%)
- lesson observation (20%)
Letters of application should be addressed to the Headteacher and should address the person specification and job description.
Interview date: Week beginning Monday 17th October
We are sorry that it will not be possible to contact unsuccessful candidates. Anyone who has not heard of the progress of their application by Monday 17th October must assume it has been unsuccessful.
Please visit https://southwirral.wirral.sch.uk/vacancies for an application form.
Completed application form and letter of application to be addressed to Headteacher, and emailed to: email@example.com
The post is subject to an Enhanced Level DBS check.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
All applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability for the post regardless of sex, race or disability
Our Safeguarding Policy can be found on our school¿s website:
South Wirral High School
Tel: 0151 327 3213