An exciting opportunity for Social worker's to join the Knowsley Hospital Discharge Team.
We have 3 vacant posts and are looking for individuals who enjoy working as part of a fast paced supportive team to undertake assessments to facilitate hospital discharge. We offer regular supervisions and access to training opportunities.
- Be a Registered Social Worker and have a detailed professional and clinical knowledge.
- Be skilled in the assessment of complex/specialist care/support needs and in the development, implementation and evaluation of care/support packages.
- Demonstrate initiative and be creative in finding solutions to problems.
- Have an understanding of local care (health and social) services, referral processes.
- Experience in undertaing Social Care needs Assessments, mental capacity and best interest decisions.
- To be professionally accountable and responsible for all aspects of own work.
- To establish and maintain effective working relationships both within the Local Authority and CCG.
- Strive towards early supported discharge through working with partner organisations, sourcing care providers and completing support plans, obtaining costings for care and seeking approval within delegated financial limits.
- Liaise with service users and their families around the assessment, review and case management process
- To use professional knowledge, skills and expertise when working in changing environments and across professional boundaries
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of appropriate legislative frameworks which underpin practice.
- To take accountability for the referrals to the service and maintaining accurate records in line with organisational and SWE standards and policy.
- To identify own training/educational needs as part of the supervision and appraisal process and attain and maintain an agreed level of expertise through ongoing training and development.
You will need to hold a Social Work Degree or equivalent and be registered with Social Work England.
At Knowsley Council we will consider requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: flexible hours, working from home, compressed hours, part-time
For an informal discussion about the role please contact;
Tracy Shone Integrated Service Manager
Landline: 0151 290 2023 ] Mobile: 07919111256