Hertfordshire Home Improvement Agency (HHIA) has an exciting opportunity for a caseworker position to work in a progressive and dynamic team. We are looking to recruit an outstanding, enthusiastic and organised person, with excellent communication and negotiation skills.
Hertfordshire Home Improvement Agency (HHIA) is part of an innovative amalgamation of resources from 5 Districts to provide a service that supports the independence of local residents.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a countywide service. The applicant will need to have experience of working with older people and/or people with disabilities. They will need to demonstrate a genuine commitment to providing consistently high quality standards at all times. The applicant will also be required to communicate with a wide and varied customer base and liaise with internal and external partners and with the various organisations involved in delivering key customer services. The HHIA is seeking to appoint a highly organised individual with a strong customer focus.
You must have the ability to demonstrate a commitment to the delivery and development of the Hertfordshire Home Improvement Agency, along with having knowledge of the following:
- Welfare Rights/Benefits
- Financial Assessments & Processes
- Systems, Processes & Procedures necessary to support a busy office
- Private Sector Housing Programmes and Adaptations for Disabled Children, Adults and Older People
- Knowledge of the Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) and supporting Legislation
Tasks you will be required to complete will include the following:
- Caseworker Home Visits and Telephone Reviews
- Ability to gather required financial information and complete financial test of resources (means tests)
- Providing advice and support to customers and partners
- Ability to work on own initiative, whilst managing own workload/caseload to ensure deadlines/targets are met
- Assist in the administration of Disabled Facilities Grants (DFG) from receipt of the initial referral to completion of works
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Candidate must have access to your own transport to visit clients across Hertfordshire.
Closing Date: 9th October
Interview Date: 17th October
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Sabrina Kelly on 01438 843467