"Our residents do not live in our workplace, we work in their homes"
At Hightown, we`re a housing charity that builds homes and support people. In Gawcott, near Buckingham, Milton Keynes, we provide high-quality care and support to five vulnerable adults with learning and physical disabilities.
We are looking for some new Care Assistants to join our team who have the right values, behaviours and attitudes to be the difference.
Who we are looking for
We`re keen to recruit individuals who care regardless of qualifications or experience. We care more about you sharing and demonstrating our values, which are:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
We will give you all the training and support you need to do the role including a fully funded qualification in health and social care and we will support you with your career aspirations.
If you share our values, we`d love you to work for us.
About the role
We have a full time (37.5 hours per week) and a part time role (22.5 hours per week) where you`ll be working as part of a dedicated team to empower our service users to lead the life they want. You will assist individuals with:
- Mealtimes and social activities including music and art therapy
- Attending appointments and maintaining their health and wellbeing
- Promoting skills and involvement including shopping and domestic tasks such as cooking can cleaning
- Personal care needs
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you or you want to have an informal chat, please contact us on 01442 292291or email@example.com
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £10 per hour
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Fully paid DBS
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please download the job description and click apply below.
Appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory right to work, enhanced DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 8,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £120 million and a development programme that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.