Dartford is a Borough of Kent, adjoining London. The Borough’s connections are more than just the Dartford crossing.
- Dartford rail station, adjacent the Council offices, is the busiest in the County; part of the TfL Oystercard area, it links to a wide range of stations in London and in Kent via Thameslink and other services
- Ebbsfleet International Rail Station (17mins to London) in the east of the Borough
- Good bus services, including TfL buses in the Borough and the Fastrack rapid transit system.
- Urban and rural areas with a wealth and variety of leisure and recreation opportunities
- Bluewater regional shopping centre;
- High value commercial areas and large international companies
- A broad variety of residential accommodation
Our focus is very much therefore on sustainable development minimising car use, and complementary new infrastructure.
Dartford is one of the very fastest growing districts in the country, from planned new and extended communities on brownfield land. We are now planning to 2037 and our focus is on Dartford Town Centre securing large mixed use residential-led redevelopment in and around the town as well as public realm and transport-related improvements. Complementing the growth in the urban area the Council are keen to protect the significant area of Green Belt in the Borough and the areas of value within it: including ancient woodland, river valleys, areas of ecological value, marshland, and agricultural land.
We have maintained a 5 year housing land supply, and the NPPF compliant Local Plan is being updated with new policies now at examination. As well as a sound understanding of planning legislation, we are looking for a Senior Planner who has a proactive and collaborative approach to dealing with new development to achieve optimum results. You will also have well-developed negotiating skills and the ability to develop good relationships with the people that you deal with.
In return we can offer flexibility in working patterns to suit your needs and a supportive and friendly working environment.
Benefits: Career average pension scheme, professional fee payment, hybrid working, free on-site parking, flexi-time available, employee benefits package and generous leave entitlement.
A driving licence and use of a car is desirable. You should be a qualified Town Planner with eligibility for or membership of the RTPI. If you would like to speak to someone about this post, please contact: Emma Eisinger, Development Manager, tel. no: 01322 343600. Please note, interviews will be held in w/c 21st November.