Grade 4-£24684-£26985pro rata - (Part time 28.8 hours per week)
The successful applicant will be required to work flexibly from different centres in the Borough on a roster basis, including Evenings and Saturdays as we offer daytime and evening courses on weekdays and daytime Saturday courses. Our centres can get extremely busy, so at times the work is pressurised, but it is also interesting and offers variety. You will be answering enquiries on the telephone, dealing with customers face to face and by email, ensuring you deliver excellent customer service at all times. You will be enrolling learners, making sure that you pay particular attention to detail and you will be taking financial payments, so a good working understanding of maths is required. You will provide administrative support to teachers and managers in an interesting, busy and varied role where no two days are alike, so you must be able to respond flexibly to change and stay calm in busy situations.
The successful candidate should hold the following criteria:
- Must be able to demonstrate English and Maths skills at level 2
- Experienced in customer services both in person and over the telephone
- Must have a high degree of skill and experience of Word and Excel (including the use of formulas)
- Excellent keyboard skills
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Experience of processing payments from customers
- Experience of working in an education setting is desirable but not essential
- Must have excellent attention to detail skills
- Must be flexible and have the ability to work independently
- Full driving licence and access to a car or alternative travel arrangement are necessary
Please view Job Profile here
Please attach your supporting statement, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides and answer all of the questions and evidence how you meet the competencies for the post within your personal statement. Please DO NOT attach a CV as this will not be considered.
All applications must be made online. All applications must be made online. The closing date for the receipt of applications is 9th October 2022 and interviews will be held W/C 17th October 2022. ; however interest in this job may be high and we therefore reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
If you have any questions about the post, please contact Natalie McAneny on 01708 434955 or by email on Natalie.McAneny@havering.gov.uk
We want everyone to choose Havering. When you apply for a job with us, your application is considered on its merits regardless of your age, disability, ethnicity, faith, gender identity or sexual orientation. Our residents and service users come from all walks of life, and so do our employees. Find out what it means to Choose Havering.
The London Borough of Havering has important responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. If you are appointed to a job that involves working with these groups, you may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We practice anonymised recruitment. Please ensure that you remove all personal information from any documents that you upload.