Senior Practitioner – Adoption x 3 posts
Adoption East Assessment Team = 2 full time posts, 37 hours per week
Base: Stevenage and working across Hertfordshire
Adoption West Assessment Team = 1 full time post, 37 hours per week
Base: St Albans and working across Hertfordshire
Salary: Starting salary: £36,371 pa plus £6,243 market enhancement, with the opportunity to progress to a maximum of £40,578 pa plus £6,084 market enhancement.
The Adoption Assessment Teams sit within Hertfordshire County Council’s, Child Care, Specialist Services. We are also proud members of the Adopt East regional adoption alliance.
Our primary role is to assess and prepare prospective adopters for adoptive parenting which requires a good awareness of child development, developmental trauma and the impact on children and adoptive families. However the work is varied and you may also be involved with other case work and roles across the Adoption Service such as;- family finding, direct work with children, facilitating training, representation at Adoption Panel and supporting families post Adoption Order.
There is ample opportunity to develop your skills and expertise in assessing adoptive parents, matching adopters with children and supporting adopters through to adoption orders.
We work closely with our childcare teams and the alliance, to support permanency planning and identifying appropriate matches for children with adopters. Early linking and fostering for adoption is firmly on our agenda.
This is a varied and challenging role where candidate is expected to have the following
- You will need to be a qualified social worker including Social Work England registration and have a good understanding and experience of relevant Adoption regulations, legislation and research
- Experience in facilitating group work and training will be an advantage.
- Good evidenced based assessment, analysis, and report writing skills
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Safeguarding is part of the role.
- You will be required to travel to other HCC Sites. A clean driving licence, the ability to drive and/or travel around the County and on occasions out of county, is required for this role.
- Due to the nature of the role, flexibility around evening and weekend working is required alongside hybrid working.
In return we offer;- an induction period which includes co-working, excellent learning, training and development opportunities, a protected caseload to deliver intensive and personalised support, regular supervision and an approachable and supportive team / service, which embraces diversity and inclusion.
Hertfordshire County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all our employees. This includes:
- Free parking at all our sites
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Childcare Vouchers
- Lease car option
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out – please visit hertsrewards.co.uk for more detail.
For an informal discussion and more information, please contact Catherine Turner Team Manager for Adoption Team East on 07812323200 Catherine.email@example.com or Alison Robin Team Manager for Adoption Team West 07812323190 Alison.Robin@hertfordshire.gov.uk
Closing date: 30.10.2022
Interview date: 16.11.2022