What you'll do
We have an exciting opportunity that has arisen for a Finance Officer to join a growing, customer and colleague focussed organisation as we prepare for our forthcoming merger with Southern Housing Group, planned for January 2023. As a Finance Officer, you will Support the Systems Manager to provide the systems administration function for our finance systems, including Sun and TM1, while being the second point of contact for new and changing business requirements.
Some additional duties will include:
- Managing new supplier setups and changes to suppliers.
- Carrying out weekly and daily data imports, weekly journals, and monthly journals for Other Fixed Asset Additions. Followed by performing monthly reconciliation of certain account codes.
- Working with the Systems Manager reviewing processes and systems regularly to encourage and initiate continuous improvement and provide input into any proposed system or process changes.
- Ensuring the organisation’s accounting systems enable the prompt and accurate recording of data and that system developments and upgrades are fully tested.
You will be given the flexibility of working from home 3-4 days a week, and the remaining day(s) onsite.
What you’ll need
- Experience working in a finance environment
- Knowledge of business processes and finance systems
- Good numeracy and literacy skills, with knowledge of double entry, journals and other finance functions
- The ability to work under pressure with minimal day to day supervision
- A 'can -do', proactive approach to problem solving
- The ability to build effective collaborative relationships
You could be eligible to apply for sponsorship funding to complete AAT Qualifications.
Advert closing date: 17th October 2022 at 23:59
Please note, we reserve the right to close the advert early if we receive a high number of applications.
What's in it for you
- Life assurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- Eyecare & dental
- Birthday leave
- Retailers discounts
- Cycle to work
- Buy & sell annual leave
- Season ticket loan
- In-house academy & career development
- Flexible working
Inclusion and Diversity
At Optivo we work hard to create a diverse and inclusive culture and environment where people are respected for who they are. Encouraging inclusion is not just about protected characteristics, it’s about celebrating differences of thought, opinion, experience and perspective of each individual. We’re all different in our own way and we want our colleagues to feel comfortable, that they belong, and are safe to be themselves at work, without fear of being judged or excluded, but valued for their contribution to our One Team approach.