Housing First Co-Ordinator
Part Time - 18.5 Hrs
About the role
We are looking for a part time Housing First Co-ordinator to join our established service in St Albans. You would be responsible for co-ordinating and delivering a flexible outreach service providing a personalised support service to people with complex needs in line with the Housing First principles. You would be part of a team creating long term sustainable tenancies to help the most vulnerable people off the streets of St Albans.
You`ll be driven by the desire to make a difference and have the ability to understand the complex needs associated with those who have been street homeless for a considerate period of time.
Desired qualities will include:
Experience of providing intensive case management and wrap-around support and advocacy to service users.
Experience of project management and/or monitoring referrals to community services and external partner agencies.
Acting calmly and responding professionally in stressful and difficult situations.
You must be a car driver and have access to a vehicle to undertake the role. This post will require occasional evening and weekend work to support the service provided.
We offer a range of benefits which include:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year pro rata for part time, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £14,016 pa for a 18.5 hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 7,500 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £90 million and a development programme that will deliver around 450 new affordable homes each year.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
Please see below for a copy of the Housing First Co-Ordinator job description.
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.